First and foremost, I extend my sincere hope that you and your family are well. My office will continue with our normal business hours of 8am-4pm Monday through Friday; however, in keeping with the Governor’s orders and health officials recommendation regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, my office will be closed for all in-person meetings until further notice. My office does have the capability of virtual meetings and appointments. We are also available by office phone, by cell phone (618-698-2721), or by email, ([email protected] or [email protected]).

At My Firm,
Your Legal Issue Is Not Just Another Case

I care deeply about the outcome for you and your family.

Judith Trentman Wilson
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Family Law
  4.  » Child Support

Child Support Questions Answered By Us

Here in Illinois, as in most states, child support is determined according to a formula. It is possible, however, to deviate from that formula, requiring the need for sound legal advice that can inform you of your options and protect your best interests.

My name is Judith Trentman Wilson, and I am a family law attorney in Belleville who has the knowledge and skills necessary to help you through the child support determination process. As your lawyer, I will take the time to address all of your questions and concerns, and you will always deal directly with me.

Assisting St. Clair County Parents With Child Support Modifications

No child support order is ever permanent. Child support can be modified when circumstances change. A change in circumstances can include:

  • A parent losing a job and source of income
  • A parent getting a promotion that comes with an increase in income
  • A parent or child suffering from an expensive medical emergency, illness or disability

Whether you are paying child support or receiving it, it is important to work with an attorney like me who knows the child support process and can help you gather the necessary evidence to prove that a modification is necessary, or to defend against a request for modification.

Contact my law firm, Judith Trentman Wilson, Attorney at Law, P.C., at 618-207-4032 if you have questions about child support and would like to schedule a free consultation to discuss the matter further.