Here for You
During Life's Big Changes
Contact Me Today

Minor Guardianship
Attorney in The Villages, Florida

Overcoming the Challenges of Establishing
a Minor Guardianship

Whether you feel like you cannot take care of your child, whether due to a disability, military deployment or some other situation, or another adult has asked you to take care of his or her children, you will need the right legal advice when going through the guardianship process.

My name is Judy Trentman Wilson, and I am an experienced estate planning attorney serving the Belleville, Illinois, area who can provide you with the steady legal guidance you need during this trying time to make sure your child’s needs are met. I also maintain law offices in The Villages, Florida, where I provide the same level of skilled estate planning representation and attentive client service I have become known for in Illinois.

With 14 years spent serving Metro East families, there are few lawyers in the area who have a better understanding of the complicated, stressful issues that you are facing. I pride myself on providing compassionate, courteous and ethical service to all of my clients, and I will work as hard as I can to help you resolve these matters in a positive way that keeps the child’s best interests first.

Becoming a Legal Guardian for A Child Means
Making Hard Choices

Becoming a child’s guardian is not an easy process, and if it is a contested process, the proceedings can be quite emotional. If you are seeking to be a child’s guardian or you are fighting a guardianship designation, you will need to prove that you are a responsible choice to take care of him or her and look after his or her needs.

Some important decisions that a child’s guardian will have to think about include:

  • Where will the child attend school?

  • What type of health care will the child receive?

  • What church, if any, will the child attend?

  • What will happen to the child’s inheritance if he or she receives one from parents? What will happen with other investments in the child’s name?

As an experienced family law attorney, I have the deep knowledge of the law necessary to help you make sound decisions.

Take the First Step to Establish a Guardianship

Contact my law firm, Judith Trentman Wilson, Attorney at Law, P.C., if you would like to schedule a free consultation to learn more about the guardianship process.