First and foremost, I extend my sincere hope that you and your family are well. My office will continue with our normal business hours of 8am-4pm Monday through Friday; however, in keeping with the Governor’s orders and health officials recommendation regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, my office will be closed for all in-person meetings until further notice. My office does have the capability of virtual meetings and appointments. We are also available by office phone, by cell phone (618-698-2721), or by email, ([email protected] or [email protected]).

At My Firm,
Your Legal Issue Is Not Just Another Case

I care deeply about the outcome for you and your family.

Judith Trentman Wilson
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Estate Planning & Probate
  4.  » Disabled Adult Guardianship

Do You Need Legal Help To Care For A Disabled Adult?

It is unfortunate, but some adults are not able to take care of themselves, and they need someone to look out for their best interests for them. This can be the case with an elderly loved one who is incapacitated or a child with special needs who has turned 18 and still needs assistance.

If you need help getting a guardianship designation for an adult in your life, consider working with an experienced probate attorney like me, Judith Wilson. I am known in Belleville, Illinois, and throughout St. Clair County for providing compassionate, effective representation during a stressful time such as this. I also maintain a law office in The Villages, Florida.

Why It Is Important To Work With An Attorney In These Matters

Even if you are the obvious choice to serve as your loved one’s guardian, it is important that you understand the responsibilities of the role. As your lawyer, I can fully explain your legal rights and duties to you and make sure that you comply with the probate court’s instructions.

As a guardian, you will be responsible for making health care and financial decisions on behalf of your loved one. You will need to decide where the person lives, what medical care he or she receives, how to pay his or her bills and how to manage any investments.

I understand how great of a responsibility this can be for you, which is why I can be with you every step of the way to ensure you are making informed choices that protect your loved one’s best interests. If you ever have to appear in court, I can represent you.

Call Today For A Free Consultation

Contact my law firm, Judith Trentman Wilson, Attorney at Law, P.C., if you are seeking a guardianship designation. There is no fee for the initial consultation, and I will work with you to keep your costs as low as possible. Call my office at 618-207-4032 to learn more.